2017 Australian Sikh Games Adelaide, SA
- Venue: Adelaide High School, Ellis Park, West Terrace, Adelaide, SA
- Date: 14th-16th April 2017
2017 Australian Sikh Games, West Terrace, Adelaide, SA
Date & Venu
- Date: 14th -16th of April 2017
- Main Venue: Adelaide High School, Ellis Park, West Terrace, Adelaide, SA
2017 Sikh Games Hotel
We are pleased to announce the Rydges Hotel on South Terrace Adelaide as the Official Adelaide 2017 Sikh Games Hotel. The whole of the hotel has been booked out for the Sikh Games.The hotel is only 5 minutes walk from the games venue. Rydges have kindly offered discounted rates for Sikh Games Guests. Please book through the attached link or call and mention that you are travelling for the Sikh Games to get the discounted rates.
- Promote the values of the Sikh faith
- Encourage health and well-being
- Support active community involvement
- All through a wide array of Australian and Indian sports.
The Australian Sikh Games are a representation of the Sikh community’s competitive spirit and the event forms an integral part of the community’s social calendar. These Games embody family values and incorporate the fundamentals of multiculturalism in Australia.
The Games attract athletes and spectators from around Australia and other countries including New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia. While the Games are primarily held to bring together the Sikh community each year, the carnival atmosphere is there for all to enjoy.
Team sports include Kabbadi, Soccer, Netball, Hockey, Volleyball, Cricket, Basketball, Touch Football and Tug-o-War. Individual sports include Athletics, Badminton, Golf, Tennis and Wrestling.
ANSSACC Executive Committee
The Executive Committee of the Australian National Sikh Sports and Cultural Council (ANSSACC) is responsbile for organising the Australian Sikh Games on an annual basis. The Executive Committee is elected each year to act on behalf of ANSSACC’s member base which consists of sporting clubs within the Sikh community from around Australia. Each year the Executive Committee names one or more of its member clubs as the next host and hands over the day-to-day responsibility for delivering the Australian Sikh Games to a new city around Australia. Key responsibilities of host organisations include community fundraising, corporate sponsorship, marketing, venue management, sports administration and equipment supply.
Aims and Objectives
- The purpose of ANSSACC is to facilitate the holding of the Australian Sikh Games at least once every year. The Executive Committee is responsbile for making sure the following objectives are achieved:
- To promote Sikh culture and heritage
- To encourage, promote and develop all forms of sporting activities
- To organise representaqtive matches and tournaments amongst Sikh affiliates and guest teams, both foreign and local
- To provide common meeting grounds for persons interested in Sikh culture, philosophy and other Sikh issues
- To promote unity and advancement in the Australian Sikh community and to further sporting, religious, educational and political advancement
- To look after the welfare and interests of Sikhs generally
- To do everything ro raise the status of Sikhs in Australia and to develop and maintain healthy social and cultural intercourse between Sikhs and other communities in Australia
- To do all other things that may be necessary to carry out and achieve the above objectives.