Dr Anita Skandarajah Specialist Breast and Endocrine Surgeon
Miss Anita Skandarajah
MBBS, MD, FRACS, FACS
Specialist Breast and Endocrine Surgeon
Anita is a Breast and Endocrine Surgeon. She is the Deputy Director of General Surgery at The Royal Melbourne Hospital. She is also a consultant surgeon at Peter Mac Callum Cancer Centre and The Royal Women’s Hospital. Anita completed a Doctor of Medicine degree at the Joint Proteomics Laboratory of The Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research and completed her post-fellowship training at The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Hôpital La Timone in Marseille, France and The Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College, London, UK.
Anita is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Surgery at The University of Melbourne and supervises postgraduate research students. She is currently an examiner for the Court in General Surgery for Fellowship of Royal College of Surgeons of Australasia (RACS). She has served on the executive committee for the Endocrine Section of RACS, the Scientific Advisory Committee for Breast Screen Victoria and serves on the Locoregional SAC for Breast Cancer Trials Australia.
- Breast Surgery: Breast cancer, benign breast disease, women at high risk of developing breast cancer
- Endocrine Surgery: Thyroid cancer, Thyroid nodules and goitre, Parathyroid disease, Adrenal masses
- Familial cancers and preventative strategies.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.,B.S.), University of Melbourne 1999
- Postgraduate Diploma of Surgical Anatomy (Dip Surg. Anat.), University of Melbourne 2002
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), University of Melbourne, 2006
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) General Surgery 2007
Fellowship of the American College of Surgeons
AHPRA MEDICAL REGISTRATION MED0001177044
- Australian and New Zealand Endocrine Surgeons
- Breast Cancer Trials Australia
- Breast, Endocrine and Academic Surgeons Sections RACS
- International Association of Endocrine Surgeons
- Breast International Group Surgery Taskforce
- General Surgeons Australia
- Breast Surgeons ANZ
- American College of Surgeons