Indian Events in February 2017 Melbourne VIC
Looking For fun Indian Events to attend in Melbourne in the month of February 2017! Please read on to find out what’s happening in your local area!
Bollywoodbeats Kids Dance Class Feb 4th 2017 Melbourne, VIC
- Address: 406 Canterbury Road, Melbourne, VIC
- Date: Saturday the 4th of February 2017
- Time: 10 am – 1 pm
- Website: www.bollywoodbeats.com.au
Indian culture through dance & language!
Bollywoodbeats Kids dance class is registration open for 2017. Due to huge demand from community we will continue regular classes in Hawthorn and Forest Hill.
- Hawthorn-Thursday 4pm to 6pm
- Forest Hill-Saturday 9am to 12pm
- Please Go to website and register
- Mobile: 0401 538 954
- Contact: Nildhara Gadani
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.bollywoodbeats.com.au
- Facebook: BollywoodBeatsAustralia
About Bollywood Beats
Bollywood Beats is Melbourne’s leading Bollywood dance company, owned by Nildhara; Nildhara is an accomplished bollywood and folk dancer and choreographer with an experience of more than 10 years. Nildhara done numerous public and private shows and events in India and Australia and has been teaching Bollywood dance in Melbourne since last 2 years.
She has performed at Federation Square, Melbourne International Airport and Mumba Festival, and various community events to name a few. Nildhara has been actively involved with Indian community in promoting rich culture heritage of India through dance. She believes that everyone can learn bollywood dance and teaches dance with lots fun and passion.
The Challenge of Change Event 10th Feb 2017 Mel VIC
- Venue: Williams Landing
- Address: Level 28 Williamstown Street, Melbourne,Victoria 3030
- Date : 10 th of February 2017 to 12th of February 2017
- Time: 6 pm to 9.05 pm
- Website: www.theindiansun.com.au
Event Contact Details
- Event Organised By: Aitken Partners
- Website: www.theindiansun.com.au
Valentine Dinner with John Abrahm Feb 11th 2017 Sydney
- Venue: The Showroom @ Hornsby RSL
- Address: 4 high street Hornsby, Sydney, 2077
- Date: Saturday the 11th of February, 2017
- Time: 7pm – 10pm
- VVIP: $300 each
- VIP: $250 each
- Gold: $200 each
Ticket Sales Contact Numbers
- Vikas: 0431 347 665
- Dolly: 0401 052 241
- Shobna: 0415 180 235
- Palak: 0425 136 446
- Pradeep: 0470 174 602
- Anuj: 0426 155 227
- 4 course dinner
- Unlimited premium spirits
- Exclusive couple games
- Best dressed couple prize
- Ample Free parking
- Walking from train station
- Dress Code: Red tie & red high heels
John Abraham in Sydney on 11th Feb 2017, Valentine Day with John Abraham. John Abraham, is an Indian film actor, producer and a former model.
Hornsby RSL Contact Details
Ran Tharu 2017 Feb 11 2017 Melbourne VIC
- Location: The Besen Centre
- Address: 87-89 Station Street, Burwood East, Melbourne, VIC 3125
- Date: Saturday the 11th of February 2017
- Time: 6 pm – 10 pm
- Website: lankashowbiz.com.au
- Location: Performance Art Theatre
- Telephone: 03 9834 0200
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember how MESMERIZING Ran Tharu 2016 was?
- Umaria Sinhawansa
- Shihan Mihiranga
- Bachi Susan
The most glamorous show of the year coming back to Melbourne with Shihan, Umaria and Bachi to celebrate Valentines with you. Book your tickets now to witness an evening filled with music and romance! We Bring your Favourite artist all the way from Sri Lanka to Australia.
- Nadee: 0425 700 315
- Chamara: 0412 712 497
- Janaka: 0403 758 315
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: rantharuentertainment
Valentine Tour Aiysha Saagar 11 Feb 2017 Melbourne VIC
- Venue: Hungarian Community Centre
- Address: 760 Boronia Road, Wantirna, Melbourne, VIC, 3152
- Date: 11th of February 2017
- Time: 7:30 pm
Ticket Sales & Prices
- Hotline: 0452 337 387
- VIP: $50
- General: $30
- Australian pop sensation Aiysha Saagar
- A sit down concert in an ambient atmosphere with class and elegance
- Guest singers, musicians, dancers
Mee Appu – Kusumsiri &Yashodara’s Childrens Drama 12 Feb 2017 Mel VIC
- Venue: Gladstone Park Secondary College
- Address: 14-36 Taylor Drive, Gladstone Park, Melbourne, VIC 3043
- Date: Sunday the 12 th of February 2017
- Time: 6:30 pm – 11 pm
- Tickets $20
Mee Appu – Kusumsiri and Yashodara’s latest children’s theatre production presented by Westerna Victoria Sri Lankan Buddhist Association in aid of the Paramitha Buddhist Vihara Building Fund.
Gladstone Park Secondary College Contact Details
- High School: Telephone: 03 9933 0500
Hosted By Paramitha Buddhist Temple
- Telephone: 03 9747 1902
- Bandarananyaka: 0425 855 621
Danawansa: 0469 403 981
- Address: 181 Paynes Road, Rockbank, Melbourne, VIC
- Facebook: Paramitha
About Paramitha Buddhist Temple
The “Paramitha” Buddhist Vihara (formerly known as St. Albans Temple) was established in 1999 by the Western Victoria Sri Lankan Buddhist Association (WVSLBA). The temple, now located in Rockbank, (Melbourne, Australia) offers a wide range of services to the Buddhist community to learn, observe and practise Buddhist teachings.
WVSLBA also runs a Language Education and Sunday School to teach Sinhala language as well as Sri Lankan culture, values and heritage. This page provides information about religious and cultural activities organised by the temple and also serves as a good source of knowledge for those who wish to read articles about Buddhism as well as listen to Buddhist teachings (Dharma Deshana) in digital format.
Indian Street Food Festival 17th Feb 2017 Melbourne VIC
- Venue: The Food Truck Park
- Address: 518 High Street, Preston, Melbourne, VIC
- Date: February 17, 2017 – February 19, 2017
- Time: 5 pm to 9 pm
Preston brings Mumbai to Melbourne this February. An event to heat up guests we are showcasing the best in Indian street fare, with the spiciest and most flavour packed food in Melbourne!
The fun doesn’t stop there – we are bringing the colour and glam of Bollywood to Preston with dancers, Indian music and classic Bollywood flicks playing all weekend on the projector.
The Food Truck Park brings together the finest food trucks to numerous locations throughout Australia.
- Licenced Venue
- All Ages
- Atm On Site
- Friday 5pm-10pm
- Saturday 12pm-10pm
- Sunday 12pm-9pm
Indian Street Food Festival Contact Details
- Facebook: events
Food Truck Park Contact Details
Indian Street Food Festival Contact Details
- Facbook: thefoodtruckpark
Aus vs Sri Lanka – T2O MCG 17th Feb Melbourne VIC
- Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)
- Address: Brunton Avenue, Richmond, Melbourne, VIC
- Date: February 17 – February 18 2017
- Time: 7 pm to 12 pm
Contact Details For MCG
- Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue
- Telephone: 03 9657 8888
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mighty Lions Contact Details
About Mighty Lions
- To be passionate about Sri Lanka, passionate about cricket and passionate about culture, Music and fun.
- Welcome to Mighty Lions on Facebook Page, spreading the joy of cricket and the culture “Everywhere we go people use to say Who we are……………”
- Region · Organization · Event Planning Service
The Mighty Lions known as “Sri Lankan Cricket Fans in Australia” is the Sri Lankan’s largest and most successful Official organisation aimed at helping cricket fans watch and support the Sri Lankan cricket team play all over the Australia and expanding it all over the world. In addition, the Mighty SL Lions organises cricket tours, provides match day tickets and merchandising and runs a very successful membership scheme.
What was started by three friends on the 2002/03 Sri Lanka’s Australia Tri-Nation tour as a band called Papare now well known as “Papare Band Melbourne”, for over 12 years now, the Sri Lankan Fans has been supporting Sri Lanka’s cricket team all over Australia, bringing its unique carnival atmosphere to the game with Papare Music. Now recognised as the greatest entertainers and the most colouful supporters in world cricket, the Mighty SL Lions is welcomed at grounds all over the world. Papare Band Melbourne is the only Official Sri Lankan Band plays at world’d most famous venues, Leagues and not only Cricket they are playing at soccer leagues as well.
However, the Mighty SL Lions is far more than just a supporters club, as it provides easy access to Sri Lanka tickets, cricket travel packages and tours, merchandising and the latest cricket information. This year alone the Mighty SL Lions is offering the cheapest tour package for the 2015 ICC World Cup in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 1000 members, the Mighty SL Lions brings together like minded cricket fans from all over the world to enjoy the game. Each member enjoys benefits including: priority tickets for Sri Lankan games; subscription to the Mighty SL Lions Articles; invitation to the play in the Might SL Lions cricket team and special offers on tours: tickets and merchandising.
With its aim to make watching all forms of cricket more accessible and enjoyable for the fans, the Mighty SL Lions will continue to help bring cricket to the masses, provide tickets and organise tours to support the success of the Sri Lanka cricket team around the world.
Information about all of this and a lot more is provided on the site, so keep coming back to see what the latest news from Mighty SL Lions Den is. We’re delighted to have you here.
The reach of Sri Lanka’s Mighty SL Lions is worldwide and we hope to reach out to everyone via these pages – so make sure you get involved.
Leave your comments on the wall, share your photos, post your thoughts and get to know fellow fans just like you from all over the world.
Finally, a brief note of caution. We value the opportunity to connect with our supporters worldwide via Facebook, but there will always be a minority of people who occasionally try to spoil things for the majority. Users of our Facebook pages are bound by Facebook’s terms and conditions. Any breach of these rules is taken seriously by the club. We urge any fans who feel that there is unwelcome content on our pages to notify Facebook’s team of moderators, either by clicking on the ‘report’ buttons or by sending an email to ‘email@example.com’.
EXHIBITION BY ARCHITECT BIJOY JAIN @ Victoria Gardens Melbourne 5th Oct 2016 -18th Feb 2017
Australia’s MPavilion is an award winning annual architecture commission and design event. MPavilion 2016 is designed by acclaimed Indian architect, Bijoy Jain of Studio Mumbai. The temporary summer pavilion in Melbourne’s historic Queen Victoria Gardens hosts a free four month program of talks workshops, performances and installations. An exhibition of Studio Mumbai’s work and inspirations for MPavilion will be displayed at RMIT Gallery in Melbourne. MPavilion is presented by Naomi Milgrom Foundation, Creative Victoria and City of Melbourne, Creative Victoria and ANZ.
Valentines with Superstars 18 Feb 2017 Mel VIC
- Venue: Hungarian Community Centre
- Address: Boronia Road, Wantirna, Melbourne, VIC
- Date: Saturday the 18 th of February 2017
- Time: 7 pm – 12 am
- Book your tickets now at Aus News Lanka or Call:
- Berny: 0450 779 228
- VIP: $75.00
- General: $60.00
Valentines with Superstars Dinner Dance ft. Desmond De Silva, Dalreen Suby,Peter Rosairo & Upali Kannangara. DJ Support by DJ Rush!
Less than one month to go & tickets selling fast …. don’t miss this golden opportunity to be entertained by the baila legends with legendary band “Superstars” performing for the very first time in Melbourne **Valentines with Superstars with Desmond Silva, Darlene Suby, Peter Rosairo & Upali Kannangara & DJ RUSH **
Posted by Valentines with Superstars on Friday, 20 January 2017
About Valentines with Superstars 2017!
Biggest Dinner Dance of 2017…. Valentines with Superstars! Legendary 70’s Band for the first time in Australia featuring the One and Only Baila King of Sri Lanka Desmond De Silva, the Amazingly Talented Dalreen Suby, the Incredibly Gifted Peter Rosairo and the Exceptionally Unique Artist and One of the Best Lead Guitarist in Sri Lanka Upali Kannangara.
Ernest Soysa on Lead Guitar, Sarath de Alwis on Key Board, Maurice de Silva on Bass Guitar, Chanaka Senadeera on Lead Guitar, Manjula Kaluarachchi on Drums and Chaminda Ramanayaka on Congas and Percussion.
- DJ support provided by DJ Rush the No 1. DJ in Melbourne
- Delicious Modern Sri Lankan Cuisine Stall by Fusion Ceylon
- Come join us and dance the night away…Relive memories and make new ones this Valentines
Contact Details for Valentines Superstars
- Facebook: valentinessuperstars
Hungarian Community Center Contact Details
- Telephone: 03 9801 6408
Life A Meditation 18th Feb 2017 Mel VIC
- Venue: Hawthron Community Precinct
- Address: 584 Glenferrie Rd, Hawthorn
- Date: 18th of February 2017
- Time: 11am – 4pm
- Tickets: www.santoshnambiar.com
- Cost : $80 per person. ( seats limited to 20 per session)
- Duration of the workshop; 5 hours. In the first part of the session 11am -1pm we will discuss the theory, followed by a lunch break for 30 min and then between 1.30am – 3.30pm we will discuss how we can put this to practice in our daily life situation straight away.
- Lunch: provided. Assorted sandwiches, fruits, coffee and tea.
- Cost: $80 per person. Includes a copy of the book ‘Life a Meditation’ valued at AUD $20 and ‘New way of Living’ valued at AUD $10
Life A Meditation Contact Details
Many have realized that the incessant thought activity in their mind is causing a lot of grief, stress, fear and anxiety in their life. Many may realize this at some stage in their life.
For those who have realized, Life a Meditation provides pointers/ directions to bring about an awareness of this constant mind chatter and how you can bring an end to this unwanted incessant thought activity which is causing stress, anxiety and fear in your life.
Life a Meditation also offers a simple practice to recondition your brain to end confusion and conflicts in your head and rediscover your own brain full of clarity and creativity in all aspects of our life.
Topics Discussed Include
- Simple but powerful Meditation practice to recondition our brain to bring clarity, peace and creativity in the demanding and chaotic world we live in today.
- Live in the present and enjoy each moment to the full.
- Quiet your mind’s incessant background chatter and deal with difficult thoughts and emotions.
- Deal with fear, anger, anxiety and stress and rediscover a life of well-being.
- Brain management – Taking your life from Mediocrity to creativity.
- How to access your own innate intelligence for higher creativity.
- End confusion and conflicts in your head and discover your own brain full of clarity and creativity in all aspects of your life.
Kadhai Indian Cusine – Unlimited Street Food 19 Feb 2017 Mel VIC
- Venue: Kadhai Indian Cuisine
- Address: 436-438 Bridge Road, Richmond, Melbouen, Victoria, 3121
- Date: Sunday the 19th February 2017
- Time: 11:30 am – 3:30 pm
- Website: www.eventbrite.com.au
- Per Person needs to buy the ticket and bring in Print copy of the ticket on event day
- Only $10 Per Person gets you unlimited food from below varieties
Craving for some Indian Street Food ? Haven’t had a good Street Food in Melbourne recently ? Kadhai Indian Cuisine is bringing you one of different kind of Indian Street Food Event in Melbourne. Lock your date for Indian Street Food ” NO CONTROL DAY ” and enjoy Delicious Street Food Unlimited for $10.
- Kacchi Dabeli
- Pani Puri
- Samosa Chaat
- Papdi Chaat
- Full Family event with lots of Food
- Kids Balloons
Mealtimes are important occasions for family and loved one to get together. Kadhai offers a delicious and authentic fusion of Indian and Asian foods, guaranteed to tantalize your taste buds! Kadhai specializes in Indian street foods (Chats), curries and deserts made from traditional family recipes from India. At Kadhai foods are made from scratch with fresh ingredients. Attentive service and delicious food is served by our friendly staff in a relaxed family atmosphere.
Kadhai offers you a truly unique way to celebrate your special occasion – Birthdays, Anniversaries, Cocktail Parties, Corporate Functions, and Hens Nights with a seating capacity of 50+, 7 days a week !
We are eager to treat you and your family to a unique and cost effective dining experience with our special dishes and Service.
SISFFA 2017 – Fight Against Drugs 25 Feb 2017 Melbourne VIC
- Venue: Plenty Ranges Arts and Convention Centre
- Address: 35 Ferres Boulevard, South Morang, Melbourne, VIC
- Date: Saturday the 25 t of February 2017
- Time: 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Ticket Sales & Prices
- Website Sales: eventbrite
- General: $30
- Family: $70 (2 Adults + 2 Children)
- Child $15 (5-12 Years)
- About First Ever Sikh Short Film Competition
An event to showcase short films based on the theme ‘FIGHT AGAINST DRUGS’. Come and show your support to independent film directors, producers and writers.
Sikh International Short Film Festival Australia is a non-profit cultural organization dedicated to creating awareness of and pride in the diversity, culture and history of the Sikhs, as well as the contributions of Sikhs in Australian society.
- Address: 35 Ferres Blvd, South Morang, Melbourne, VIC
- Mobile: 0430 582 078
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: SISFFA
Maha Shivaratri – The Trance of Mighty Shiva 24th Feb 2017 Mel VIC
- Address: Dawson Street, Brunswick, Melbourne, VIC
- Date: Friday the 24th of February 2017
- Time: 6 pm – 1 am
- Website: maha-shivaratri
- General Admission Price: Including food and yoga class $30.00
- Yoga class – 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Dinner served 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Sacred chanting ceremony at 9:00 pm
- 9:30 pm – Tandava Dance performance
- 10:00 pm onwards Trance on spirit with live music.
- 01:00 am – Close
- Tickets: $30 (Entry and Includes yoga class and vegetarian meal)
- This will get booked out very quick. Secure your space when you see it.
- Remember this is a non alcoholic, no drugs at the event.
Om Namah Shivayah
Contact Details for IndoMystic
Immerse into the journey of mystical dance of the eternal Shiva. Auspicious festival of Mahashivaratri falls on the 13th or the 14th night of the new moon during Krishna Paksha in the Hindu month of Phalgun. The Sanskrit term, Krishna Paksha means the period of waning moon or the dark fortnight and Phalguna corresponds to the month of February – March in English Calendar.
According to Hindu mythology, Shivaratri or ‘Shiva’s Great Night’ symbolizes the wedding day of Lord Shiva and Parvati. Many however, believe, Shivaratri is the night when Lord Shiva performed the Tandava Nritya – the dance of primordial creation, preservation and destruction.
Celebrations of Shivaratri Festival mainly take place at night. Devotees of Lord Shiva throng Shiva temples across the country and spend ‘the Night of Lord Shiva’ by chanting verses and hymns in praise of the Lord. The festival holds special meaning for the ladies. They pray to Goddess Parvati also called ?Gaura?, the giver of ?suhag? for good husbands, marital bliss and a long and prosperous married life.
Time to trance on your spirit and take a journey with the ecstatic dance with Shiva hymms. A journey to the deepest core of your spirit and others amongst you. Time to let go of your darkness and embrace your creator and preserver.
Indian Realty Revelry 25th – 26 th Feb 2017 Mel VIC
- Venue: Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens Melbourne
- Address: 380 William street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
- Date: 25th – 26 th Feb 2017
- It’S Time To Make The Most Out Of Indian Real Estate Properties Ranging From Rs. 6 Lacs To Rs. 6 Cr
- Tea/Coffee Lunch
- Valet parking
Indian Realty Revelry is flagship event series which brings the best investment projects from India. We bring special schemes for customers that are exclusively available at Indian Realty Revelry and not any other market channels. It is a platform through which NRI investors get access to exclusive deals ranging from assured return assets, buybacks, pre-launches, special payment plans, etc. specially structured for this event.
We showcase properties with special offers from top developers from top cities in India such as Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Cochin and Ahmedabad.
7th Surya Yajna 26th Feb Mel VIC
- Address: RJ Hamer Arboretum Gardens of the Dandenongs, Olinda, Victoria
- Date: Sunday the 26th of February 26 2017
- Time: 5:30am – 8am
Website for ticket purchase: www.vasudevakriyayoga.com
What To Bring
- Yoga Mat
- Water Bottle
- Towel Snacks
- Vasudeva Kriya Yoga, 11 Alluvium Way, Mount Waverly, Vic 3149
- Telephone: 0410 527 904
- Facebook: Vasudevakriyayoga
Additional Contact Numbers
- Rajendra Yenkannamoole: 0410 527 904
- Anila Kennedy: 0410 527 904
- Arvind Joshi: 0421 347 262
- Kiran: 0438 109 078
- Shripriya: 0435 313 034
- Brijesh Gujrathi: 0431 441 367
- Arun Chauhan: 0413 100 759
- Saroja: 0405 447 100
- Sankaran: 0434 443 080
- Indrani: 0418 319 229
- Tushar: 0437 357 151
- Sanjiv: 0419 653 679
- Revathi: 0414 978 960
About Surya Namaskara Event
Below is the information on the upcoming free Surya Namaskara Event. This time we are hosting it up in the serene mountains of Dandenong Ranges in Olinda.
The benefits of Surya Namaskara are mentioned in scriptures like Valmiki Ramayana, Mahabharata and other scriptures. Surya Namaskara is a process of invoking the Grace of the Lord through sun. Sun is the most brilliant gross object we all can see. When we see this brilliant sun, we should be reminded of most replesent Lord who gave this brilliance to the sun. SuryaNamaskara signifies the “Path of Light”. The Brihadaranyaka Upanishad summarises the significance of Surya Namaskara as-
- asatomaa sadgamaya
- tamasomaa jyotirgamaya
- mrtyormaa amritamgamaya
Lead us from imperfection to Perfection, from darkness to Light, from death to Immortality.
About The founder of the Vasudeva Kriya Yoga
The founder of the Vasudeva Kriya Yoga, Shri. Rajendra Yenkannamoole hails from a small village Yenkannamoole located in the border of Karnataka and Kerala in South India. He has Master degrees in Chemical Engineering as well as Business Administration. He began his yoga practice at the tender age of 10 years under the guidance of Sri Yogeeshwar in Bangalore. Under the guidance of his Guru Paramahansa Swami Maheshwaranandji, Rajendra further enhanced his understanding of Yoga.
Rajendra started teaching yoga in Melbourne in 2004 at the behest of Swami Ramaswarupanandaji. Rajendra believes that the acquired knowledge has to be passed onto others for the benefit of the society. With this in view, he has been conducting yoga classes in various locations in Melbourne. On a regular basis he also conducts yoga classes and seminars in various schools and villages across India. As a rehabilitation program he also conducts classes in Bangalore prison. Hundreds of people who have attended the classes have benefitted physically, mentally, intellectually and spiritually and have noticed a significant improvement in their day-day lives.
Vasudeva Kriya Yoga classes have been designed to accommodate any aspirant irrespective of their age, gender, physical ability and religion.